- Great Maine Outdoor Weekend (tons of activities around the state)
- Winter Fun Day at LL Bean - Saturday 2/13, 10am -2pm
- Winter Carnival at the Maine Audubon - Saturday 2/13, 10am-2pm
- You're a Good Man Charlie Brown performance at the Children's Museum of Maine- 2/12-2/14
- Paint your own pottery at Clay Play Yarmouth
- Public Skating inside or outside on the pond at Family Ice Center in Falmouth
- Open Gym at Triple Jump Fitness
- Open Gym at the Maine Academy of Gymnastics
- Obstacle course open gym at Maine Warrior Gym (ages 5+)
- Snow Tubing at Seacoast Adventure in Windham
- Smudge Art Studio in Freeport
- The Yard at the Mill in Biddeford
- The Rumpus Room in Brunswick
- Greenlight Studio in Portland
- Get Air in Portland
- Lunch and a movie at Smitty's Cinema
- Open Skate at the Rink Thompson's Point
- Open Swim at one of the local YMCA's
- Check out vacation camps the the YMCA and your local community services
- Fun shows happening daily att the USM Planetarium
- Spark's Ark at Pineland Farms- Monday, 2/16 1pm-2pm
- Daily activities happening at Pineland Farms (check out the full list here)!
- Rain or Shine Club- Thursday, 2/18 at 10am at the Pisgah Hill Preserve in New Gloucester
- Family Days at the Portland Museum of Art - 2/17-2/19
- Farmer for the morning at Wolfe's Neck Farm- Thursday, 2/18 9am-10am
- Sledding - we love to go to Val Halla golf course in Cumberland
- Hot chocolate and post activity treats at Maples in Yarmouth
- Spark's Ark at the Children's Museum of Maine - Saturday, 2/20 at 10:30am
Can you believe it's mid February already!! Between the baby and the mild winter, this one is flying by! For us Mainers, it's officially February Vacation - a whole week off from school for the kiddos. It will be a welcomed break from our usually pace, no rushing to the bus or preschool drop off. We plan to do a combination or chilling out, catching up with friends, and some outdoor adventuring. If you're like us and not heading off to warmer climates this break, I've put together a list for you and me of fun spots and activities to check out. I know there's so much more, so I'd love you to leave a comment at the end with your favorites!
Thanks as always for stopping by! Enjoy the break!
And just like that it's Friday again! These weeks are flying by, somehow Baby Walter is already 7 weeks (stop time now)!! To keep myself on the blogging wagon, I'm planning on doing a quick round up of my favorites of the week (products, events, moments, anything goes), just a great way to connect and focus on the positive. Check out my first go at it last week. I'm renaming it "Friday Five" to limit myself to five favorites.. a) because of time, I want the post to actually get published and b) so you might actually read it. So here's this week's 5:
The DockATot - While I can't give this a full review quite yet (just came this week).. baby W is loving his new DockATot. It's been great for lounging and super helpful for transitioning to naps in the crib. It's a fantastic design, very cozy and made with breathable fabric; so far we are big fans. Because it's pricey and every little bit helps, you can use this link here to get 10% off if you are dying to try one too!
VACATION- It's officially school vacation here in Maine! I'm looking forward to a week off with my boys. I think we're all ready for a week of relaxation and fun without rushing for the bus or preschool pickups. We'll be chilling out, catching up with friends, watching and playing hockey, and hopefully enjoying some outdoor adventures. I'm also hoping for a quick midweek getaway up to the Samoset (they've got some great winter rates, especially for Maine residents).
Baby Walter's chubby cheeks and double chin
Yes really, this baby is growing so fast. Hard to believe this is my little 5lb 36 weeker. So glad baby W is healthy and filling out, but bitter sweet that my days with a newborn are fleeting.
This year I was thinking we'd go the store bought route for Valentine's Day cards for the kids to hand out at school (so much less stress) but my five year old had other ideas. He was so dead set on making his own and getting crafty (I couldn't say no). With a little googling and making the most of the materials we had on hand, together we made these cute cards (above). And just like that my five year old reminded that it's the thought that counts and homemade doesn't need to be Pinterest Perfect. Not to mention we had a fun time making these together.
Moms supporting moms- Let's face it, is moms are all just trying to do the best we can. I don't think any of us have it all together and we certainly don't have it all figured out. I love when us moms can connect and support each other in our daily lives, our parenting journey, and definitely in our business ventures! Insert a really fun giveaway going on (post below). I've partnered with three local moms to highlight their business ventures and bring you a chance to win $200 in pampering products (because every mom deserves pampering).
What are some of your Friday Favorites this week? Happy Friday and early Valentine's Day! Thanks as always for stopping by!
About this Mama
I'm Rebecca, a Maine mom of two energetic young boys, and wife of a lobsterman, living in my favorite place, the coast of Maine.