- Have fun- pure fun with my boys!
- Plan a family trip- I have a family reunion in Florida in March.. we were unsure if we would go, but not we're making it a priority for all of us to go and maybe even sneak in a visit with Mickey :-)
- Plan a mini vacation with just my husband- we haven't been away just the two of us since before our journey to parenthood, and I think it would really be good for us (We'll start with more frequent date nights)
- Get back to yoga- I'm going to commit to getting to at least one yoga class a week, there is something about yoga that is just good for me, my body & my soul
- Get back in Shape- truth is, looking pregnant when you're not anymore is the absolute pits! My body also feels like its taken a beating... I'm eager to get back to my work outs that I really love, to feel better, stronger, and more confident. My workouts are also my "me time" that I need...
- Run- but keep it fun- Monday I laced up my sneakers for my first run in months.. it's amazing how much you miss something when you can't do it... It was much slower, more painful but it felt SO good! I tend to put pressure on myself but as I get back into running I am trying to keep in fun and enjoy the steps as I'm climbing back to life :-)
- Participate in fall runs for important causes - I've been looking for goal runs to have something to work towards, but I don't want to put too much pressure on myself... I've decided to do the Dempsey Challenge 10k, and the Team Kyle 5k.....
- Get back to cleaner eating - I love to cook, and I hope to spend more time learning new recipes and cooking healthy meals for my family... good for all of us, but especially eliminating the gluten in our meals that my son can't/shouldn't have...hopefully getting him back on track.
- Spend time giving back and giving meaning to all of our loss- For the last 5+ years, I've been involved with the March of Dimes, and our recent experience just gives even more meaning to time/work.... I'm excited to be volunteering again with this year's Greater Portland Signature Chef's Auction.
- Self care!- probably shouldn't be last on the list, but I tend to put myself last (as do most parents) but I'm really going to try to cut myself some slack and be kind to myself and my body... (already got a facial...it was a amazing and great first step.)
I'm really looking forward to the changing season too ... While summer is Maine is amazing, I'm ready for a new season to begin, kind of feels like a fresh start. I can't wait for early morning soccer, watching the boys play hockey, hot lattes, pumpkin anything, apple picking, sweaters (yes I said it), fall running etc...
I'm also looking forward to getting back to the blog- so stay tuned for new posts! I have so many "saved drafts" that I can't wait to finish. Thank you all for reading along, being patient and kind and listening.