- Review the paper, online coupons, and store deals to see what's on sale/what's a good deal
- Come up with the menu for the week on Sunday night or Monday morning writing it on the fridge working with items that are on sale
- Write up a grocery list based on the meals and week's needs
- Limit myself to one grocery trip a week (2 at max)
- Track spending in spreadsheet (keeping it on the fridge to keep myself accountable)
- Clean out the freezer to accommodate sale items I want to store and self made freezer meals
- Make portions that are enough for only one to two nights or else freeze the leftovers right away for another time
- Embrace leftovers once or twice a week
- Start with an attainable budget and try to cut it back!
Above you'll see a picture of the Menu and budget spreadsheet I'm keeping on my fridge. Hopefully telling you all about my plan will keep me accountable. I know I can do this and I love a challenge ;-) I'll keep you posted each week on how I do!!
Any advice or words of wisdom??