Big thank you to all free clear for sponsoring this post and encouraging us to be #freetobe a kid this summer!
School is almost out in our neck of the woods, and I couldn't be more excited! We've waited so long for this glorious summer season here in Maine, and we plan to embrace every minute of it! While I like our routine during the school year, summer will be a nice change of pace and a great time for my guys to be #freetobe a kid with lots of unstructured play and time outdoors before my oldest heads off to full-day kindergarten in the fall. While we have a blast exploring our great state, some days it's nice just to have fun at home. Here is our list of fun things to do at home summer:
1. Build a garden or even do a few potted plants and let the kids water and tend to them everyday
2. Do a car wash
3. Collect items in nature i.e. sticks, leaves, pine cones, and create fairy houses
4. Set up an at home water park with a kiddie pool, a sprinkler, and maybe a slip and slide!
5. Make shift water tables and sand box with plastic bins
6. Make your own popsicles and eat them often
7. Buy a treat from the ice cream truck when it comes around the neighborhood
8. Sidewalk chalk fun
9. Set up your own golf course in the yard
10. Make your own bubbles with 1 cup of distilled water, 2 tablespoons of Dawn dish soap and 1 tablespoon of glycerin
11. Set up a lemonade stand
12. Nature rubbings
13. Set up a bike obstacle course in the driveway or a traditional obstacle course is in the yard
14. Camp "out" in the yard
15. Have a camp fire and set up a s'more bar with creative fillings
16. Invite friends over
17. Dig in the dirt
18. Street hockey game in the driveway
19. Do a bubble paint project
20. Spray bottle chalk paint
21. Water balloons
22. Create a scavenger hunt for the kids
23. Have a picnic
and on rainy days......
24. Make an at home movie theatre
25. Play card games like go fish or board games like candyland
26. Sensory bins
27. Build a fort with sheets blankets and other items around the house
28. Bake or cook something with the fruit & veggies from your garden- we love to make this zucchini bread (note we add dark chocolate chips)
29. Make your own play dough and play with it
30. Make milk carton bird feeders
The end of a fun and messy day requires a bath, and usually several loads of laundry! The NEW all Free Clear works wonders on all of our grass, chalk, lemonade, paint and others stains of the day. The great part is that it is safe for sensitive skin (like my little Calvin), it's free of perfumes & dyes, it's cheaper than other leading brands, and its super versatile (use it on your upholstery, carpet, patio furtniture, and anything else that takes an extra beating with the kids home this summer :-)
If you want to put all free clear to the test with your summer stains, be sure to print this $1 off coupon!
It's Tuesday of February vacation week here in Maine, if you're going a little stir crazy, here are some ideas for family fun and great events happening in the area!
Open Skate at Family Ice Center in Falmouth - Indoors Wed, Thur, Sat. & Sun., outdoors everyday. Check schedule for times.
2 for 1 Studio Fees at Clay Play in Yarmouth- check website for hours
Snow Tubing at Seacoast Adventures- Open daily
Triple Jump Fitness, Tumble Tikes Open Gym- Wednesday 10am-11:30, and Friday 4pm-5:30pm
Children's Museum of Maine's Presentation of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory- various showings through out the week
Drop in hours at Smudge Art Studio- Wed., Thurs., & Friday 10am-12pm
Chatty Chickens program at Pineland Farms- Wednesday 10-11:30am
Family Fun Day at Shawnee Peak- Thursday, 9am-2:30pm
Live Wildlife Show at the Maine Audubon in Falmouth - Friday, 10:30 am
Old Orchard Winter Carnival- Thursday- Saturday
Junior Chef Class at William Sonoma (ages 5-13) - Saturday 10am
For more ideas for indoor fun, check out my full post with lots of ideas for indoor fun in Maine!!
Have a blast and enjoy February vacation!! Thanks as always for stopping by!
I'm Rebecca, a Maine mom of three energetic young boys and wife of a lobsterman, living in my favorite place, the coast of Maine. You'll find me here talking about my parenting journey, mom style, recipes, running and exercise, travel, stories from our life in Maine and so much more! Most days I'm just figuring it out as I go - Thanks so much for stopping by!