The seasons are quickly changing here in Maine, the cooler crisper air is coming, and as I'm approaching 23 weeks, my belly is growing even quicker. I'm just so grateful that everything seems healthy with this pregnancy, but there is no denying I am getting BIG. It's full panel pants from here on out.. :-) This is my first winter baby, and so far the upside seems to be comfy sweaters; I haven't quite figured out the jacket situation (that will have to be another post). Here are a few of my favorite staples as I make the leap into fall with my bump.
1. Comfy and chunky open front cardigans - these are an absolute must in Maine! The good news is that with most of these sweaters you can get away with non maternity and your regular size (or close to it) so you know you'll get your money's worth. The cardigan pictured is one I got in my last fix from Stitch Fix. Its the Market and Spruce Carly Graphic Print Cardigan and I LOVE it! Stitch Fix has been a lifesaver for me!
2. A go-to pair of skinny jeans- so important to have a pair of jeans that you feel comfortable in, look good, and go with everything. These are 7 For All Mankind Secret Fit Belly 5 Pocket Skinny Leg Maternity Jeans in New York Dark Wash from Destination Maternity; I wear them almost everyday :-)
3. Tanks for layering- for look and comfort, I find layering to be key with maternity style. This is my absolute favorite tank (I have it in lots of colors); it's the Pure Body Tank from Gap.
4. ONE bag for the season- Mommy brain often gets the best of me and pregnancy is not a time I want to be changing out my bags for different days or different activities, as I will most definitely forget something. I've been a longtime fan of timi & leslie; their bags are reasonably priced, made with vegan leather, have tons of pockets and accessories, and are just plain well thought out. These bags are great because they can serve as my purse, baby bag, and everything in between. Loving this Metro Messenger.
5. Cute and comfortable footwear- comfort is key! You'll often find me in my favorite sneakers, because finding footwear that is comfortable and still somewhat fashionable can be tough. That's where Danskos come in- I love their boots and these Maria Ankle Boots are fantastic!
What are you go-to maternity styles for fall? I'd LOVE to hear about them! Leave links in the comments! Thanks as always for stopping by!
I'm Rebecca, a Maine mom of three energetic young boys and wife of a lobsterman, living in my favorite place, the coast of Maine. You'll find me here talking about my parenting journey, mom style, recipes, running and exercise, travel, stories from our life in Maine and so much more! Most days I'm just figuring it out as I go - Thanks so much for stopping by!