In Maine the kids are on school vacation, and I think its fun to make special "treats" with them. So Thirsty Thursday this week is this treat that I don't feel bad about making.. I've seen similar recipes done a number of ways but this is my favorite, and the surprise is that we're including spinach :-)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 frozen bananas (if you forgot to freeze some, than use more ice)
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (I like to use freshly ground the natural food store...also feel free to use almond butter)
- 2 good tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pear peeled and core removed
- 1 cup or so of spinach (feel free to pack in more.. I often use 2 but note there
is a taste difference :-) )
- either a few pitted medjool dates or a few teaspoons of honey for sweetness :-)
- a few ice cubes to desired cold/frothiness
- a few dark chocolate chips or carob nibs thrown in at the end for a few second are fun for an extra surprise :-)
the first 8 ingredients in your high speed blender until smooth. If desired add chips for a few seconds and serve. Enjoy!!
Happy Thursday Everyone!!