Congratulations to our winner- Hannah M.!
The satchel bag by Foxy Vida is 14”H x18”W x4”D, it's a great size for a day of outings and also a great option for traveling. It has 9 pockets (including the external zippered pocket, pockets on the side of the bag for baby bottles or water bottles etc, and its got a curved zipper closure. The bag comes with an adjustable over the shoulder strap and a vegan leather changing pad that is 16" x 22". The bag has a Cotton / Polylaminate exterior with a vegan leather bottom, and a nylon waterproof lining. Foxy Vida bags are designed by a mom & made in the USA. The satchel retails for $180 and can be purchased on the Foxy Vida website, on Amazon, and in select stores around the country.
What I love/favorite features:
* Plenty of room - it easily fits everything you need for a day out, and especially great for traveling
* Lots of great pockets- (9 to be exact) and the interior is really well laid out (clearly designed by a mom)
* Very lightweight for it's size- really, this is good size bag, and it's one of the lightest I've owned
* The adjustable shoulder strap - it's key to comfortably toting a bag around with toddlers
* Waterproof interior lining- that is actually waterproof, durable, and not cheap looking
* Love the bottom of the bag- it's vegan leather, which really keeps it from getting filthy (and lets face it, that's important); it's also super easy to clean if it does get dirty
* Comes with a great changing pad- often changing pads that come with diaper bags are small and flimsy, but the changing pad that comes with this bag is big (actually has plenty of room for your baby). The pad is made of vegan leather; it's well made & easy to wipe down.
* The overall classy look & Versatility- this bag most definitely does not scream diaper bag.. it's stylish and chic and you'll get longevity with this bag.. I've even taken it to work with my lap top and folders.. :-)
Areas of improvement:
This bag gets high marks in my book, so there aren't too many of these, but here are just a few minor things-
* The hooks/grommets on the sides of the bag connecting to the strap seems to pull & turn quite easily bunching the straps a bit...not a major issue at all just a small annoyance that's happened to me
* The shoulder strap could use some sort of padding
* Cleaning the bag is not a huge deal, but you can't throw it in the washing machine.. it needs to be hand-washed, and while the bottom is a synch to wipe down, the fabric will take a little more time
* These bags are also a bit pricey- on par with other luxury baby bags though and extremely well made, smartly designed, and from a really awesome small business
I'm a big fan of Foxy Vida bags in general; I find them well made, very chic and yet simple (they go with everything & look good anywhere), and very comfortable to carry. The satchel in particular is a great bag for me with two kids (and my tendency to carry everything but the kitchen sink). My favorite thing about the satchel is how light it is. Some bags start off so heavy with heavier materials & hardware, that by the time you fill them with your stuff you can hardly lug them let alone with two kids in tow :-) If you travel light or only have one kiddo, you may consider the standard diaper bag from Foxy Vida. It's less money, lower profile (def. less of a bag to carry), and may be all you need. The great news about Foxy Vida Bags, is that you will be carrying them long after you are done with diapers.
I'm so excited! Our friends at Foxy Vida are going to give one lucky reader their own Satchel in the Stone 'Talvin' Chenille, pictured below. To enter this great giveaway, use the Rafflecopter below, with lots of different ways to enter. Note you must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the US or Canada to enter! GOOD LUCK!!
Note that I was not paid for this post, but Foxy Vida generously provided me with one of their beautiful bags for the purposes of this review. All thoughts and opinions in this post are as always 100% my own.