Its no secret that I'm a HUGE fan of Zutano. I buy a Zutano outfit for most every new baby friend, and Zutano has been a staple in my boys' wardrobes. Today's feature Friday is of course highlighting the brand and why I love it, but also a spotlight on this paticular outfit from the Zutano Spring 2014 collection, pictured below on my little guy Calvin. Check out my full review below:
Overview: There are many reason why I love Zutano, but at the top of the list is the quality. Our Zutano outfits have been worn hard (by two active little boys) and washed more times than I could possibly count and are still packed away (ready for another ;-) ). When other outfits have barely lasted through one of our little monkeys, our Zutano clothes have gone the distance and still have some life left (a little faded but still life left). The colors and whimsy of Zutano prints are also out of this world. I think kids dressed in Zutano look happier with all that color :-) Of course for me the Mainer with a nautical/ocean obsession, I love that I can always find a great pattern from the sea in the Zutano lineup. They've had crabs, whales, fish, sea creatures, and l love them all!! Zutano is also well designed and has little ones in mind with every detail. So many times with other brands I question who designed an item that doesn't fit over my sons head or the waist has no ability to adjust etc..:-) Its no surprise considering that Zutano was developed by parents with with young kids.
Zutano actually came to be after Micheal and Uli Belenky had their first daughter in 1989, and were disappointed by the clothing options out there for their little girl. They recognized the need and combined simplicity, function, and eye-catching designs to reflect their daughter's spark and energy. The first batch of clothes was made by Uli on her own sewing machine, and the rest is history. I love the story and I love their style and the way their brand truly speaks to kids and reflects the fun and colorful spirit of being a kid.
The Outfit: While I've been a loyal customer and fan of Zutano for 4 years now, I will admit that we mostly outfitted our sons in Zutano from birth to 18 months (ish). I am SO excited that my eyes have been opened to the availability and awesomeness of Zutano through toddlerhood. I'm always a big believer in comfortable kids clothes and the great thing about Zutano is that kids can wear loose fitting and easy to move in close that are also oh so cute. This particular outfit is amazingly cute and looks pretty cozy too. It can easily be mixed and matched with other pieces in your child's wardrobe, Zutano or otherwise, or worn together an outfit as Calvin is modeling. Calvin just turned 2 and is about 27lbs; he is wearing a 2T in the pictures. The outfit is a little bit big on him leaving him plenty of room to grow.
- I LOVE that this jacket is reversible! This feature is seriously amazing with an active and messy toddler (and would be for a spitting up baby too)! Not to mention that you get a really cute look with the sleeves are rolled up with the contrast of the opposite print.
- Stretchy drawstring waist on the pants- My son has a skinny little waist so we always stick to stretchy/drawstring waists. Kids bodies are constantly growing and changing so it just makes sense, plus its way more comfortable for them.
- The vibrant colors- my boys wear a lot of blue and red (which I love), but I really like that this jacket mixes it up with this whimsical aqua and pattern pulling in the blue and red with detail.
- The quality- I've said it many times and I'll say it again. The quality of Zutano is excellent and stands up to most of my little monkeys' antics :-)
- The clean cut look yet comfortable style- I LOVE that Zutano clothes allow kids to look put together and "clean cut" but have the carefree and comfortable style that goes with just being a kid!
- These clothes aren't cheap- No denying that these clothes aren't cheap, but in my honest opinion (and thats what I'll always give you on here) you get what you pay for and without a doubt get your moneys worth with Zutano. I have clothes that have been it through 2 active boys and were still in working condition to go on loan to friends. When other items barely made it through 1 kid, most of our Zutano pieces are still going strong. Most of us can't afford an entire Zutano wardrobe, but pick your favorite pieces (and the most versatile) and look for deals (they are out there!) Check out Zutano's sale page for some great buys!
- The sizing can sometimes be confusing- this really isn't a negative, but just something to be aware of. If you've been buying Zutano for a while like me, you may have been use to their range sizing.. i.e. 6-12months. When my first son was a baby that's what the sizing looked like. Now the sizing is just by the month i.e. 12 months, or year i.e. 2T. This caught me by surprise when our second son was born and started buying more pieces and almost missed the window on a few outfits :-) Just check with Zutano's handy sizing chart to be sure of what size to get. Also a little side note I've found their clothes run fairly true to size though some items I find tend to run a little big/long.
I am SO excited for you all!! Our friends at Zutano have kindly offered to give one lucky Mainely Mama reader a $75 to shop at Zutano.com!! The giveaway will end on April 21st at 12am. One winner will be chosen at random. You must be at least 18 years of age or older and must be a legal resident of the US to enter. To enter, complete the Rafflecopter form below and be sure to share this awesome giveaway with all your friends!!
Happy Friday Everyone! Thanks as always for stopping by!
Disclosure: I am a huge fan of Zutano, and this is 100% as always my honest opinion. I was given the outfit for review purposes, but that in no way altered my opinion.