I Happy Friday!! Hope you all had a good week and have a fun weekend planned. I'm always feeling a few steps behind these days. I have about 5 blog posts in the works and yet none of them are complete. Baby was feeling under the weather, big boys are home today, and getting the house in order and taxes done has taken priority (blah), but I just wanted to check in today with a quick post to let you know I'm still here! I feel like we're over the initial hump of survival mode and starting to get into our new groove. Last week I took all 3 boys to hockey practice and got my oldest on the ice in time (barely) so I call that a win. I have a full post about our gratitude and growing pains in the works (which may be done something this month).. but in the meantime, lets talk about our favorite things this week! Here are some of mine:
1. SNOW DAYS! Well at least the first one of the year :-) Believe it or not today was our first snow day here in Maine. I find snow days (especially on a Friday) so fun- such a great excuse to drink hot chocolate and chill out. This afternoon our local arena was open for some snow day pond hockey; I took the boys over and they had a blast
2. MNO (aka Mom's Night Out) - I had my first post baby Walter MNO this week and it was SO good for my soul. To reconnect with some of my favorite fellow moms and dear friends with a glass of wine and without any little ones was much needed and appreciated. I left feeling refreshed & supported and in a much better mood.
3. Back to workouts - Seriously! I've missed my workouts, they recharge my batteries (which are pretty tired these days) and help me jump start my day. This week I wogged 3 miles on the treadmill, did a few 21 day fix workouts, and actually got back to one of my favorite Boot Camp classes (which felt amazing to be by myself). My workouts might not be the same as they were last year (see above), but finding ways to make it happen and get it done makes me a better me and thus a better mom.
4. My 5 year old reading to us! Holy smokes you guys my oldest is doing so well with his reading. He read his baby brother and I book the other day (which was so sweet) and he nailed it.. complicated words and all.. I was so floored and proud, and a little embarrassed, realizing I've read to him but haven't had him read to me since his brother came...so glad to me over the hump and getting back to our new routine.
5. Chocolate Covered Granola Bars- YUM! I've been trying to get extra oatmeal and flax into my diet these days to up my milk supply. I think I've perfected the recipe for these delicious bars and will share ASAP, I promise!!
6. Stitch Fix- Let's just say I owe any bit of postpartum fashion to Stitch Fix! They are the only reason I had an outfit to wear to MNO and it felt SO good to be out of leggings and yoga pants. I'm not close to being back in my pre-pregnancy clothes, so I ordered a fix requesting sizes/styles to match my current body, and bam, done! I'd much rather buy a size up than feel frustrated with my clothing options and my postpartum body. Stitch Fix has been such a great way for me to get staples in my wardrobe without leaving my house and dragging my crew shopping (yikes can you imagine!).
7. My necklace is complete! - I love this necklace from Becoming Jewelry, and I'm so excited to have my newest and last charm with Walter's name on it.
Also be sure to check out my post of first month favorites for baby (and me). You'll see all the products I've been loving this month (old standbys and lots of great new finds).
What are you favorites on this Friday? Favorite moment? Favorite meal? Favorite new product? Leave a comment and tell me all about it! Thanks as always for stopping by!
I'm Rebecca, a Maine mom of three energetic young boys and wife of a lobsterman, living in my favorite place, the coast of Maine. You'll find me here talking about my parenting journey, mom style, recipes, running and exercise, travel, stories from our life in Maine and so much more! Most days I'm just figuring it out as I go - Thanks so much for stopping by!