Happy Friday!! Hope you had a great week. I don't know about you, but I'm glad to see the weekend. For the first time in a long time, we have no set plans, and it feels great. While I was sad to see hockey season end, it will be nice to have a few unstructured weekends. I'm hoping to get in a run or two, and dig in to some serious spring cleaning (and purging), and garage organization. I'm determined to weed out our wardrobes and our serious overcrowding of toys. My husband has been really sick the last couple days with the flu (which never happens) but really hoping the rest of us (esp baby) are spared (so far so good- knock on wood). I'm back with 5 of my favorites this Friday (if you missed last week's post, you can check it out here).
1. Spring is in sight! - Although it snowed a bit on Monday (typical unpredictable Maine weather), much of the week has been 50's and sunny and it feels amazing. I know 50's may not sound like much if you're reading in the south, but there's something about spring sunshine in Maine that's just good for the soul and brings everyone outside.
2. March for Babies- I just signed up for my 8th March for Babies (benefiting the March of Dimes). This seemed like a fitting week to get the ball rolling as Thursday would have been our little Ellie's 7th Birthday. I love this event and hope we can do it every year to honor Ellie, to give back, and to ensure positive things come out of our heartbreaking experience. You can read more and support our team here.
3. Visits from the Tooth Fairy- My five year old has now lost 2 teeth (picture above shows him after loosing his first tooth). Honestly can't believe this kid is almost 6 and loosing teeth, but it's so fun to watch him hit these milestones and see the excitement he has for life.
4. Dankso Booties- I've been wanting to fully embrace the bootie trend, but my feet have been killing me lately.. assuming it's a combination of bad feet to begin with, pregnancy, and running etc. Anyway, I was so excited to find these great booties from Dankso; they're cute, stylish (imo), and really comfy!
5. Weleda Baby Calendula Body Cream- My middle guy has eczema (was bad when he was a baby) and baby W seems like he might be headed down that road.. Every kiddo is different and a lot of it is trial and error with lotions, oils, detergents, diet etc..I'm no doctor, but we've had really good luck with soaking and sealing with Weleda Baby Calendula Body Cream.
What are some of your favorites from the week? I'd love to hear about them (leave a comment). Thanks as always for stopping by, and have a great weekend!
I'm Rebecca, a Maine mom of three energetic young boys and wife of a lobsterman, living in my favorite place, the coast of Maine. You'll find me here talking about my parenting journey, mom style, recipes, running and exercise, travel, stories from our life in Maine and so much more! Most days I'm just figuring it out as I go - Thanks so much for stopping by!