- Children's Museum, Portland
- Get Air, Portland
- Take a train ride on the Amtrak Downeaster (Freeport to Brunswick & back is a great little trip)
- The Rumpus Room
- Indoor Skating at Family Ice Center - see open skate schedule, Falmouth
- Greenlight Studio, Portland
- Maine Yoga Kids, various locations in the area & you could start your own!
- Spiral Tree Yoga, Portland
- Music Classes at Music Together, 317 Main, Sing Dane Play (sign up required)
- Tumble Tikes (we love open gym), Portland
- Maine Academy of Gymnastics, Westbrook
- Smudge Art Studio, Freeport
- The YMCA- have great classes for parents & kids, swimming of course, and drop in child care (we love the Pineland branch)
- Go Bowling- Easy Day, Pineland YMCA has a few lanes, or Sparetime
- Take in a movie- Smitty's in Windham is a fun treat for the kids, Cinemagic in South Portland also offers sensory friendly showings (Saturday 1/17 they're showing Paddington at 10am)
- Clay play, Yarmouth
- Mindful Kids at Whole Foods Portland - Mondays at 9am
- Story Hour at Royal River Books - Tuesdays at 9:30am
- Library Story Hours- Check your local library
- Story Hour at Pineland- Mondays at 10am
If you're like me and like lists and like to have a plan, this will be a great list to keep handy for those stretches of brutally cold days when you need to get out of the house. What are your favorite places? Any we need to add?
Thanks as always for stopping by! Stay warm!