1. Sweat the small stuff- sometimes I just need to chill, not stress out about the little things, and appreciate the big picture..
2. Use my phone when playing/engaged in an activity with the kids- I know I'm not the only one here.. it can be difficult when I'm working from home and while I know it will never be a perfect balance, always a juggling act, I'm hoping to set more boundaries and manage my time a bit better
3. Compare my kids to other kids- this is so easy to do as kids are in school and starting out in sports, but it's so useless and not helpful for anyone
4. Nag- I feel like I'm always nagging someone... my kids, my husband.. to the point where I find my own voice annoying.. I actually think my nagging does not good at all..
5. Forget about my husband - with so much focus on the kids, this can happen so easily; more date nights and time together are definitely in order
6. Say yes to everything - this is a big thing for me.. I have a hard time saying no, and I have great intentions wanting to help everyone and do it all but it usually results in stretching myself too thin
7. Over-activity my kids- this can be a tough one for me, because my kids have a lot of energy need a lot of physical activity.. my oldest also does really well with structure, but, there is definitely a fine line between trying to do everything/too much and keeping them busy.. I'm working to find the right balance..
8. Avoid things I'm not good at - I see my son doing this all the time, and I'm feeling like I need to lead by example in many aspects of my life.. for instance, my body isn't where it was at last year.. I'm a much slower runner right now.. I've been avoiding races or running with groups because of this, but I think it's about time I push myself back..
9. Wear yoga pants everyday- maybe just 5 out of 7.. :-) I love my yoga pants and really have no problem wearing them every day, but somehow when I take the time to actually put together an outfit (usually just jeans) I feel a little bit more motivated and ready to tackle the day
10. Miss out on me time- My kids are my biggest priority for certain, but like everyone balancing their needs, work, and my crazy house doesn't often leave me with much time, but I'm vowing this year to make it happen whether it's getting them to bed on time so I can read, or coordinating coverage to sneak to a yoga class, go for a run or get a massage. A healthy and happy mom is a much better mom!
11. Go to the grocery store everyday- Seriously.. sounds silly but I spend way to much time and energy going to the store nearly every day.. I'm hoping getting back on the meal planning bandwagon will help with this
12. Yell- I've never wanted to be a yeller, but lately I've let frustration get the best of me, and I'm hoping to channel that and work on my approach with disciplining my 2 & 4 year old
13. Stay up late- I'm a morning person, NOT a night owl, but I've been staying up way past my bedtime lately blogging & getting my work done.. I'm really going to work harder to be more efficient and get all my work done earlier in the day
14. Worry so much what other people think- by nature I'm a people pleaser, and sometimes get caught up in keeping up with the Joneses... or worrying about what other parents are thinking/saying (or heaven-for-bid why they don't like me), it's easy to do, but seriously not important in the grand scheme of life...
15. Take life for granted- in the fast-pace of everyday life it's easy to do, but I hope I can take the time to appreciate our amazing blessings
There should probably be a number 16, a gentle reminder not to take myself too seriously and to not have unrealistic expectations.. i.e. don't stress out when I don't uphold this list 100%. Here's to a happy, health, and adventurous 2015. A year full of love and joy, and living it to the fullest. What are you working on this year?
Thanks as always for stopping by!