If you stop by often, you know I love baby gear, especially strollers and I love to talk about them. In my five years of parenting I've tried many strollers, with eight currently in my garage (not sure I should admit that). So often bloggers (myself included) focus on high end gear with often hefty price tags. Truth is that isn't always realistic, and if you're not able or willing to spend the long dollar it doesn't mean you can't get a great stroller/system.
Today I'm excited to talk about the InStride Easy Up Travel System from Ingenuity.
While I've used other Ingenuity products with great success, I was still more than pleasantly surprised by how much I like this system! It's got some great features and accessories that you'd find on a luxury system, but for half the price. The system has a sleek design, fairly smooth push, and good maneuverability. To see it up close and personal and hear more of what I think, check out the video, and then read a breakdown of the pros and cons below.
UpLift Unfold Stroller
InTrust 35 Infant Car Seat with Infant Insert
One InTrust 35 Base
Stroller Snack Tray
weight- 10.4lbs (base- 6.8lbs)
weight capacity- 4-35lbs
height capacity- up to 32"
- Simple set up- took me about 20 minutes total and I was able to do it without my husband! :-)
- Really nice push- this stroller handles well, while it's not all terrain, it's a great ride for every day and the front wheel does lock if needed
- Adjustable handle bar (with 3 position options)- This is such a great feature! I am only 5 foot 3" and my husband is 6 feet, so I really appreciate this
- IT COMES WITH ACCESSORIES: Yes, caps for a reason! So many strollers now you have to buy all the accessories separately.... this system comes with the snack tray for the kiddo, the parent console for you, a the infant insert in the car seat
- Easy one step fold (really simple)
- LOVE the automatic lock when folded - keeps the stroller collapsed which is great for travel
- Roomy underneath storage basket (fits my diaper bag)
- The stroller fairly light at 21.7lbs - I can easily handle it with one hand
- Infant car seat is also fairly lightweight at 10.4lbs and has a ergonomically designed handle
- LOVE the infant insert for the car seat (feels like a neoprene material)
- Really easy push button install for the car seat with level indicators on the base (very easy to use)
- LOVE the peekaboo window on the car seat (this is a rare feature)
- The AirInfuse panels on the car seat are great - I remember my little guys getting hot in there seats- so I was really happy to see this
- Extremely easy to adjust head rest and simple strap adjustments
- The stroller harness is super easy to re thread to adjust the height- which is really helpful
- Color/design- Yes, have to say it, the colors on this stroller are great! Very chic! (the Avondale pattern is what's pictured)
Areas of Improvement:
- Only parent facing capability is if you use the infant seat clicked in... this is typical of 3 wheel strollers though with this design..
- Canopy is nice with peekaboo window, I just would have liked to see the canopy a bit bigger with more coverage
- The stroller collapses easily and fairly flat, but it would be nice if it folded in the middle for a more compact fold.
- The T-Bar design in the front makes it challenging to get into the front of the storage basket
- The seat recline goes down to about 45 degrees, I would have loved to see it go a bit more flat
- There is no foot rest on the stroller, this is typical of a three wheel design but I would have liked to see at least a bit of an indent for larger kiddos to rest their feet
- While in general the stroller pushes well, I can't push it with one hand (as I can do with others) not a huge deal just something to keep in mind
- I found the stroller to be a tad bit noisier that others especially on uneven surfaces
Note that I have only used this stroller for a couple months and have not had a chance to test the infant seat with a baby, though I have played around with it quite a bit. Thus far I am very impressed with the system and look forward to continuing to put it to the test. It's not all terrain by any means, and not perfect, but if you're looking for an everyday stroller/system with a great push and still budget friendly, this is a really great option! This system retails for $229.98 and is available exclusively at Walmart.com.
And the Giveaway!!
I'm so excited that Ingenuity is giving you all a chance to win this great travel system. One lucky reader will get the full InStride Pro Easy-Up Travel System in the Avondale fabric pictured.
To enter simply complete the Rafflecopter form below, and of course tell all of your friends! Note you must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the US or Canada to enter.
Thanks as always for stopping by!
I'm Rebecca, a Maine mom of three energetic young boys and wife of a lobsterman, living in my favorite place, the coast of Maine. You'll find me here talking about my parenting journey, mom style, recipes, running and exercise, travel, stories from our life in Maine and so much more! Most days I'm just figuring it out as I go - Thanks so much for stopping by!