My cousin is expecting her first baby, a little girl, this summer. The shower is in May in FL, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it down, so I'm going to send off some special gifts including a fun diaper cake. If you're eye rolling at the mention of a diaper cake, I totally hear you, but keep reading because I promise you, they can be way cuter and easier than you imagine! Did I mention she LOVES all things anchors!
- I used Huggies® Little Snugglers for this because you can't go wrong with them. They're soft and cozy and have the GentleAbsorb liner and Wetness Indicator. I'm using size 2's for this cake because you know they'll get used (some baby's surpass newborn and size 1 quickly), and they're a little bit bigger to work with. I was also able to get the jumbo packs at Walmart for $8.97.
- Small rubber bands, a cake liner (or cardboard circle cut out)
- A paper towel roll (empty)
- Ribbon that matches the recipients nursery theme or the shower theme(at least 1 inch wide)
- You'll also may want to grab some favorite baby items to help accessorize. I have a bottle, pacifiers, a cute bib, soft shoes etc. Tuck in any favorites; bath supplies, lovies, and toys are all great items to include.
- I'm also including a tub of Huggies® Natural Care Wipes becuase you can never have enough wipes, and these ones are great; nice and gentle on baby's soft skin, and a great pairing with the Huggies® Little Snugglers. I was also able to get a tub at Walmart for $2.37.
Cute right!?! If the shower has a theme or color scheme or you know the nursery theme or interests of the parents to be, you are really make the cake special. I can't wait to send this one to my cousin!