- Plenty of room in the ankle- so many soft sole shoes have really tight elastic ankles that can be hard for chubby babies like my first son to wear. FP Mocs have a unique design that falls a little bit higher on the ankle and leaves plenty of room but still offers a secure fit.
- Easy to get on and off- going along with the tight ankle, I've found many soft sole shoes can be a chore to get on and off a squirmy baby. FP Mocs are not; they are easy to slip on and off and just as importantly, they stay on.
- They go with almost anything- I'm no fashion expert, but IMO, these mocs look cute paired with most anything in your child's wardrobe. They are fun and a little bit different, but also very simple and clean.
- They come in an array of awesome colors- One could really go crazy with all the great color options, and keep an eye out, they are continuously coming out with more!
- Well made/high quality- I've been looking closely at the details of these mocs. It is clear that they are well made with quality leather, and its obvious they were designed by a mom as they are well thought out.
- Made with quality leather that is surprisingly durable- Freshly Picked Mocs are made of 100% leather. They are surprisingly durable yet flexible and easy to move in, and nice and soft on the inside. In Calvin's 3 weeks of testing them (including some playing outdoors) they're still looking good! :-)
- Soft sole- I much prefer to keep my kids in a soft sole shoe rather than rushing into a stiff sneaker to give them time to get their footing and develop mobility and coordination. Its so nice to have another great option.
- Made in the USA- Love that these shoes are 100% made in the USA
The Downside/Areas of Improvement:
- They are expensive!!! - yes the 3 exclamation points are intentional.. FP Mocs are really expensive at $60/pair. They are without a doubt high quality, 100% leather, lovely shoes, but its still a lot to swallow (for me), esp. when kids grow so quickly..
- Tricky to care for?- I haven't been able to find anything on the Freshly Picked site advising how to care for the mocs; I'd love to see them add something about this! In the meantime, I'll just continue to spot treat them with a cloth and warm water. We haven't had any major disasters yet, but I imagine major dirt or spills could be tricky to clean up.
Recap/Recommendation: NO denying that Freshly Picked Mocs are amazingly cute, stylish, and well made. If you have the money to spend, you'll get what you pay for. They are made with 100% leather, are high quality, and well designed. For babies and younger toddlers, these shoes really are great for every occasion. They are versatile, go with everything, are easy to get on and off, and the soft sole allows them to get their footing as they're learning to walk. Because they can wear them everyday, it makes the purchase feel a little more justified. For an active older toddler/preschooler, they aren't (at least in this house and with this budget) going to be an everyday shoe. Calvin has had his mocs for a few weeks now, and has been wearing them a lot in the house or on running errands etc, but they are not going to be his outdoor play shoes, he's too busy and messy going from the house to the swing set or puddles in a blink of an eye. At the stage we're at it's hard to justify more than one pair. While they are a great shoe, at this price tag, most of us can't afford to fill our kid's closet, its just not realistic. But, if you're like me and loving the look, quality, and great design of this soft sole shoe option, choose your favorite color (or two) and you won't be disappointed by the product. You can learn more about Freshly Picked and see their full line up of colors on their website. You can also keep up with them of course on Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, and Instagram.
disclosure: Note that I was not paid to write this post. These are all of my own thoughts and opinions. I was given a pair of mocs for my son to be able to review accurately, but that in no way swayed my review. As always, this is 100% my honest opinion!