When our little rainbow baby Jack arrived, I was overwhelmed with love and gratitude; I don't think we could have been anymore in love and thankful for our little guy. But I also had moments of sadness and frustration.. Sad that I would never experience these moments with my baby girl (Ellie) who was taken from us the year before. Sad that my Ellie might be forgotten. I also put a ton of pressure on myself to be spectacular... after all this is what I had been waiting for. But, the truth is like every new mom I was learning and figuring things out..
If you are expecting a rainbow baby, I am over the moon for you. Truly, I always feel such a connection with moms like you, and so much excitement. Here are some things I want to tell you:
- Please take it from me, go easy on yourself
- You don't need to be supermom
- It's okay to cry in happiness, and it's okay to cry in sadness all at the same time.
- Be thankful for your new babe, and do something special to remember your angel babe
- When people ask you if it's your first baby, it's okay to stumble... its okay to say yes, and it's okay to say no... and it's okay to them the whole story.
- When you rock your rainbow babe to sleep, it's okay to wish you had got to do this with your angel babe. It's all okay!
As Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month comes to an end take a minute to remember all the beautiful babes we've lost and a moment of gratitude for all of our precious rainbow babes that light up our lives.
Thanks as always for stopping by and listening.