Overview: Stitch Fix offers a great twist on personal shopping, as they use technology and expert styling to give you a personalized experience from the comforts of your home. You give them your size and style preferences (via completing a Style Profile), and your stylist sends you a selection of 5 items picked just for you, note that you pay a $20 styling fee but that $20 is applied toward anything you purchase from your fix. You try everything on at home, and only pay for what you want to keep minus the $20. And, if you keep everything in your Fix, you'll get 25% off your total. Following each fix you are asked to provide detailed feedback so they can effectively meet you expectations and style you again. To get the best fix possible for you, make sure to complete the Style Profile thoroughly (take your time), link a Pintrest board to your account so they can get a sense of your style, tell them brands you frequently wear and those whose style you envy, and leave complete and honest feedback of each item and your overall impression of the box and hopes for your next box.
- Shipping if free both ways
- Love that you can try the clothes on in the comforts of your home, and try to pair the items with things in your own closet
- Your $20 style fee always goes towards any purchase you make from that Fix, so it would be rare to ever loose your $20..
- They give you opportunities to provide feedback on every item and the Fix in general
- LOVE the referral program- it gives you a great opportunity to tell friends about SF and get free clothes (you get a $25 credit if they go ahead with their first Fix).
- It's a personalized experience; the Style Profile is extremely thorough, and there are many ways to communicate throughout the process
- Your box arrives with a lovely personal note from your stylist and outfit cards with ideas on styling each piece.
- If you decide to go an Automatic Fix, you can choose from a # of options in terms of the frequency, everything from 2 weeks to every other month
- I really love that your Style Profile gives you the opportunity to select price points you're comfortable with
- It's nice to find out about new brands
The Downside/Areas of Improvement:
- You only get the 25% off discount if you keep all 5 items. If there is only 1 or 2 items you dislike, it can be frustrating and can actually sometimes be cheaper to keep them all.
- You don't get your $25 referral credit until your referees first Fix has shipped..not really an issue, just something to be aware of.
- Stitch Fix is getting popular, and scheduling your first Fix can be a bit of a wait; I have friends whose first Fix was a month and a half out.. and if you aren't on an Automatic Fix, scheduling your second Fix can also be a bit of a wait, which for some is fine, but if you're really excited to try again, it can be frustrating.
- You only have 3 business days to try your items on and get them back in the mail. Note if you're indecisive like me, schedule your delivery on a Saturday :-)
What was in my box?
Have you tried Stitch Fix? I'd love to hear about your experience, and I'll definitely keep you posted on my next Fix.
disclosure: this post includes affiliate links, and if you shop through these links, I will be compensated. Note that I only affiliate with brands I love, and I appreciate your support!